HEAT assistance is designed to help low-income families and individuals with their heating bills. A person of low to moderate income may only apply once in a HEAT season (November through April) for this assistance. If eligible a one-time payment will be made to the utility provider of your choice. You may apply for this program no matter what type of heating you have (electric, gas, propane, oil, and/or coal). You may also apply if the utilities are included in your rent, though some restrictions do apply.
How to apply:
You can apply for HEAT in one of the following ways:
1. Call and schedule an appointment.
– Juab and Millard Counties: 435-743-4060 –
– Piute and Wayne Counties: 435-893-0744
– Sevier County: 435-893-0745
– Sanpete County: 435-835-2831
2. Print and mail your application with your documentation.
– Juab or Millard Counties: HEAT Office, PO Box 336, Fillmore, UT 84631
– Sanpete County: HEAT Office, 97 N Main, Manti, UT 84642
– Sevier, Wayne, or Piute Counties: HEAT Office, PO Box 820, Richfield, UT 84701.
3. Apply on-line if you meet the online application requirements.
Apply online here: https://www.sealapp.utah.gov/index.do
What to bring to your appointment:
- Government issued picture ID.
- Social Security cards for you and EVERYONE living in your household.
- A copy of your current utility bills.
- Proof of ALL income received by all household members in the month prior to the month of your application/appointment.
- Proof of any eligible medical expenses, child support and alimony you paid in the month prior to the month of your application.
- Proof of disability, if applicable.
- Proof of birthdate for a child age five (5) or under.
- Additional documentation, if required.