HEAT assistance is designed to help low-income families and individuals with their heating bills. A person of low to moderate income may only apply once in a HEAT season (November through April) for this assistance. If eligible a one-time payment will be made to your utility provider(s). You may apply for this program no matter what type of heating you have (electric, gas, propane, oil, wood, and/or coal). You may also apply if the utilities are included in your rent, though some restrictions do apply.
How to apply:
You can apply for HEAT in one of the following ways:
1. Call and schedule an appointment.
– Juab and Millard Counties: 435-743-4060
– Piute and Wayne Counties: 435-893-0744
– Sevier County: 435-893-0745
– Sanpete County: 435-835-2831
2. Print and mail your application with your documentation.
Print here: https://jobs.utah.gov/housing/scso/seal/otherheatforms.html
– Juab or Millard Counties: HEAT Office, PO Box 336, Fillmore, UT 84631
– Sanpete County: HEAT Office, 97 N Main, Manti, UT 84642
– Sevier, Wayne, or Piute Counties: HEAT Office, PO Box 820, Richfield, UT 84701.
3. Apply on-line if you meet the online application requirements.
Apply online here: https://jobs.utah.gov/housing/scso/seal/heat.html
What to bring to your appointment:
- Government issued picture ID.
- Social Security cards for you and EVERYONE living in your household.
- A copy of your current utility bills.
- Proof of ALL income received by all household members in the month prior to the month of your application/appointment.
- Proof of any eligible medical expenses, child support and alimony you paid in the month prior to the month of your application.
- Proof of disability, if applicable.
- Proof of birthdate for a child age five (5) or under.
- Additional documentation, if required.