The Six County Association of Governments improves local government coordination of mutually beneficial programs.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
It’s almost Tax Season and we here at Six County, are looking for volunteers to help with our VITA program (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance).
Some of the volunteer opportunities include:
- Tax Preparer-using income tax software to prepare basic tax returns for household income who make $54,000 or less. Tax preparers are required to pass an IRS certification test. Previous experience preparing is not necessary.
- Greeter and Intake Specialist-Welcome tax filers to the tax site and begin the intake process. Greeters work with the Site Coordinator to ensure the site runs smoothly and the taxpayer has a positive experience. This is a very important role for a successful VITA Site.
- Financial Resource Specialist- Specialist provide information to households at tax sites about asset building opportunities and other community resources, such as debt, credit, and housing.
If interested please contact Shara Bastian at 435-893- 0735 or email: email@example.com
Public participation welcome for 2018 Regional Annual Action Plan
Every year the Six County Association of Governments produces an Annual Action Plan as required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The Plan details the community development, housing needs and priorities of Juab, Millard, Piute, Sanpete, Sevier, and Wayne Counties. There is special emphasis on serving the needs of the low and moderate income and special needs
The purpose of the plan is to identify implementation of HUD funded projects and activities that should take place in the immediate or near future. Learn More…
Download the 2018 Citizen Participation Survey.
View the Draft of the Annual Action Plan
Read the current draft of the Annual Action Plan DRAFT for Housing and Community Development for June 2018 – July 2019
Six County open enrollment for HEAT starts November 1, 2017.
The HEAT program provides winter home heating assistance and year-round energy crisis assistance for eligible low-income households throughout Utah, including the Six County area.
The HEAT Program is open to the general public from November 1 – April 30, unless funds run out early.
Eligibility Requirements for HEAT Assistance:
· The total household income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level.
· The household is responsible for paying home energy costs.
· The household contains at least one US citizen or qualified non-citizen (see pages 7-8 of the HEAT Policy Manual.)
To schedule an appointment in your area call:
Millard & Juab county- 435-743-4060
Sanpete County- 435-835-2831
Sevier County- 435-893-0745
Wayne County- 435-893-0744